Lutron has been very busy this summer. Please take a look at the new products, software, training, and events they have been working on. Details below:
- Shade Essentials Training (Virtual) – November 16-17
- Refreshed RA2 Online Training (Level 1 & 2)
- New RA2 Software (v12.8) now available
- Connection 2020 Virtual Event, Starts Sept. 25th
- New Triathlon Wood Blinds
Are you looking to get started with Lutron shades, or do you have new techs working for you who need to get up to speed on shades?
Lutron is offering their two-day Shade Essentials training November 16th-17th. There is a financial commitment of $1244, which includes your demo shade and fabric binders, but once you come out of the training you will be all set to sell your first Lutron shades project and be on your way to a whole new revenue stream.
There is not an official registration yet for this class but send us an e-mail if you are interested and we will make sure you are on the list.
RadioRA 2 Setup and RadioRA 2 Designer software are now combined into one tool!
Why is Lutron making this change?
• The Designer Software is meant to help aspiring installers experience RadioRA 2 prior to getting their Level 1 Essentials training qualifications
• Designers, specifiers, and other members of the trade can get a new RadioRA 2 project started before handing it off to the installer
• Now part of the same tool, the Designer software will remain in sync with the latest devices and features in the Setup software
What are some key software features?
• Users logging in with a basic myLutron account can access the design and programming options of the tool
• Add rooms and devices to create a full Bill of Materials
• Create programming and even custom engraving for keypads
• Only trained installers will still have access to completely activate and set up the system Note: Qualified installers who have already completed training can still log in with your myLutron account for full access to activate and transfer the system (just like you do today).
LED and incandescent dimmers are now separate device types.
• LED/CFL dimmer and incandescent/halogen dimmer are now separate device types when adding a new Maestro dimmer.
• This change now allows the minimum and maximum load ratings to match the capabilities of the various Maestro dimmers.
How do I get the new software?
- Visit myLutron
- Once you log in to your myLutron profile:
• Find the Technical Information tile
• Select “Design Software”
• Download “RadioRA 2 12.8”
Lutron Connection 2020
Lutron Connection 2020 started Friday, Sept. 2020 and is a six-week virtual campaign is designed exclusively for the residential dealer community. Explore the new digital platform where we will introduce this year’s innovations via a flexible and engaging schedule of events that will deliver the tools and learnings needed to ensure your continued success with Lutron lighting, shading and fixture control solutions.
Click here to see exciting product unveilings, podcasts, trainings and live events being offered each week.
New Triathlon Wood Blinds
|New, Lutron Triathlon battery-powered wood blinds offer the opportunity to add simple control of natural light with a style that complements every aesthetic, but without the hassle of running wires. This blind is currently supported by the RA2 Select and Caséta solutions.|
Finishes and Materials
Lutron wood blinds are crafted out of genuine North American basswood. Blinds are available in 12 stained and 6 painted finishes to complement any interior.
Bring a touch of sophistication to a home office with Walnut or brighten up a kitchen with Soft White. Easy to clean and designed to look good for decades to come, wood blinds are the perfect option for any residence, whether you choose wired or battery-powered blinds.
Experience the perfect alignment you’re accustomed to with Lutron roller shade solutions – this time with tilt!
For small projects where RA2 Select or Caséta** are the right fit, enable Natural Light Optimization, which automatically tilts blinds to preset angles throughout the day. Natural Light Optimization lets indirect light in, but keeps harsh glare and UV rays at bay.